Text Essay Assignments from Improving Reading Skills Textbook Fall 2012, Reading 91/92 (Harrigan)
The following are Text Essay Assignments that you will complete this quarter. After reading and re-reading each essay, do the part of the exercises following each essay that is specified below.
If you don’t plan to re-sell your book, you may tear the appropriate pages from the book to turn in. If you wish to keep the book intact, you may turn in a separate paper. If you are turning in a separate paper, be sure to set up your answers in a format that repeats the numbering of the section you are answering. You must write out the title of each section and include the number of each question you answer in a single column on the left of the paper--for ease of correcting.
All assignments are from the book’s “Exercises” section at the of each essay.
1. Tips for Women, pg 22; pg 33—Comprehension Questions
2. Hello, My Name is Unique, pg 368—Parts A, B, F—1,2,3,4,5 only.
3. School Days, pg 75: pg. 80, Parts A, B, C, F
4. Walk on the Wiltshire Side: pg. 94, Quiz given in class.
5. Multi-tasking Generation--found online, not in text. Homework--to be assigned.
6. Fast Food Nation, pg. 216 Quiz
7. To Hell and Back, pg. 138; pg 146, Parts A, B, E, G
8. Extra Credit: Making Up for Lost Time, pg 197: pg. 201, Parts A, B, C, F